Personal Firearms Consultation
Our instructors will cover:
- Weapons safety
- Fundamentals of marksmanship
- Concealed and overt weapons carry options and gear
- Proper weapons handling procedures
- Appropriate firearms selection for personal and home use
- Home defense and security measures
- Type and caliber of ammunition to be used for protection and range use
- Firearm storage and cleaning
- Federal, state, and local laws governing firearms use and carry
You will develop an understanding of how to deploy and use your firearm in a confident manner with the skills necessary to engage and consistently hit your intended target and incapacitate any would be attacker in a timely fashion.
Home and personal protection issues are vital to survival, and proper planning and muscle memory are key to insuring one’s ability to save their own life in a felonious or criminal assault. Individuals will be expected to bring their desired firearm, pistol belt/range gear, and ammunition for the course. Depending on where course is taught, firearms and gear may be rented and ammunition may be purchased.
Meet the Team
• Shooting Instructor for: Special Operations, Velocity Training, The Range Complex, Oak Grove Tactical Facility, and Federal and Sate Law Enforcement. Qualified NRA Pistol, Rile, Shotgun and Home Protection Instructor and North Carolina Concealed Carry Instructor.
• Military Schools and Awards: Special Forces Tab, Ranger Tab, Special Operations Target Interdiction Course, Master Parachutist Badge, Military Freefall Jumpmaster, Combat and Expert Infantry Badge, Personal Security Detail Course, Surveillance Training, Anti-Terrrorism Drivers Training
After retiring worked in civilian sector as special operations K9 project manager, tactics and shooting instructor, assault climbing instructor. Contract trainer for BORTAC national team, Naval Special Warfare Training Group 2, 75th Ranger Regt., and multiple law enforcement agencies.
- 27 years working and training K9s as a Law Enforcement Officer and with the Department of Defense
- Decorated Police Officer
- Internationally recognized K9 subject matter expert assisting elite military units to implement working dog programs
- Selected and trained hundreds of K9s and successfully placed them in the field
- Developed many training philosophies that are utilized today in the working dog world
- Implemented and provided training for numerous government K9 programs in the United States and Abroad
- Trained dogs for the Department of Justice's "International Criminal Investigation Training Assistance Program" in Tirana, Albania
- Lead K9 trainer for Afghan President Hamid Karsai's protection detail in Kabul, Afghanistan
- Co-founder of American Working Dogs
- Co-publisher of American Working Dogs Magazine
- Qualified expert witness with the United States Federal Courts on the subject of protection dogs
- 1997-2004 US Army
- 2004-2006 Worked as a Trainer at Adlerhorst int.
- Assisted other trainers in Basic Patrol, Narcotics and Explosive courses.
- Made numerous European Canine procurement trips.
- 2007 Invited by the US Special Operations Command, to assist with a 4-month Basic Handler course at FT. Bragg NC.
- 2007-2011 Created and Implemented 5 Special Operation Forces (SOF) Canine specific handler courses. Handlers from US Army and Navy SOF units as well as Canadian and German Units.
- 2011-2016 Worked as a Canine Trainer at US Special Operation Command.
- 2016-Present owner at Adlerhorst int.